Thursday 6 October 2011

I'm a Guest Speaker at Eroticon: 2012 - Writing Sex Right!


This past couple of weeks I've become an even bigger fan of twitter than normal. Through twitter I learned  not only was an erotica writer's conference happening in the UK, but it was happening right up my road! Straight away I wanted in and contacted the organisers to see if I could get involved in any way. Though my sales have slowed somewhat over this past month my resume is still pretty impressive and the organiser emailed me back almost immediately. I told her I'm a bit of a chicken when it came to standing up in front of a big group and talking but that I'd love to work with smaller groups, looking at individual's writing and giving edits/critiques and advice.

So the writer's workshop was born! I'll be running two sessions with writers either emailing me their piece a couple of weeks in advance for a more in depth edit, or else bringing a piece with them for a quick critique on the day. I'll also be available for people to chew my ear about what has worked for me and what hasn't.

I'm really excited to be involved and I'm now willing March 2012 to roll on round.

Keep reading for some more info on the conference.

I hope to see you there!


Eroticon 2012 : Writing Sex Right

What is Eroticon?
Eroticon is the UK’s first conference for Sex Bloggers and Erotica Writers.
Eroticon is an all day event open to anyone writing about sex online from novice bloggers to published authors, the conference will provide a safe space to learn, share and network.
The schedule will include workshops and panel sessions covering a wide variety of subjects from writing inspiration, tech-skills, photography, intellectual property rights, getting published and more.
We are also working on having an evening event of sublime sauciness.
When is Eroticon?
Saturday 3rd March 2012
Where is Eroticon?
Eroticon will be held at Armada House in Bristol, UK.
How do I find out more?
Stop by the website and  Follow the hashtag #eroticon2012 on Twitter!

2 comments: